Patient Experience Survey Volunteer
About this role
Feedback from the people who use our services is vital to help us to improve, develop and make changes. It is essential that we hear the voices of our patients and their families and that they tell us what is working (or not) for them in the hospital environment. Experience tells us that if staff ask “How are we doing?”, we don’t always get an accurate reflection.
Using an iPad, you will meet with patients and their families and help them take a short survey about their hospital stay or appointment, attendance at an event or engagement with a service.
To be accepted for this role, you must:
• Be aged over 18
• Pass a PVG check and occupational health screening
• Supply two satisfactory references
NB - Gel nails and nail varnish cannot be worn if you are accepted for this ward based volunteer role. This is due to infection control regulations.
• Experience of working with children and young people
• Ability to approach patients and visitors confidently and respectfully
• Ability to listen and offer support
• Ability to use an iPad
• Volunteering experience
• Experience of working in a healthcare environment and/or with children and young people
• Recognition of the importance of boundaries and confidentiality
• Ability to understand when assistance is required or distance is preferred
• A unique and rewarding volunteer role
• Full training and hospital orientation
• Great experience for your CV
We ask you to commit to a minimum of one three hour shift per week (morning or afternoon, Monday to Friday) for a minimum of 12 months.