Fundraising Hub Volunteer
About this role
The Glasgow Children's Hospital Charity Hub is located right at the main entrance of the Royal Hospital for Children, and is the place for people to go when they are looking for information about the charity, handing in donations or looking to buy a gift.
You will help to provide Hub visitors with information, assist and serve customers, process sales and donations and help to keep the Hub looking clean, tidy and attractive. This role is best suited to friendly and outgoing individuals who are confident in handling cash, with good customer care skills and a proactive attitude.
To be accepted for this role, you must:
• Be aged over 18
• Pass a PVG check and occupational health screening
• Supply two satisfactory references
• Good communication skills
• Enjoy working with the general public and have confidence in cash handling
• Good customer care skills
• Smart appearance
• Proactive and helpful approach to visitors
• Volunteering experience
• Experience of working in a healthcare environment and/or with children and young people
• Experience of working in a retail or customer service environment
• A unique and rewarding volunteer role
• Full training and hospital orientation
• Great experience for your CV
We ask you to commit to a minimum of one three hour shift per week, daytimes for a minimum of 12 months. Our Fundraising Hub is open 7 days a week. Current vacanices are for Wednesday and Saturday afternoon (1pm-4pm) and Sunday (11am-2pm).