Collection Can Co-ordinator
About this role
Glasgow Children's Hospital Charity have a large number of collecting cans in local communities across Scotland which generate over £50,000 of donations each year. We are looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who would enjoy this very rewarding volunteer role, meeting new people and establishing relationships with businesses and other organisations to introduce them to the work of Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity and asking them to display a collection can in their business premises or organisation.
Collection Can Co-ordinator Volunteers will also be responsible for visiting collection can holders to uplift the cans and offer a replacement, as well as counting the donations received.
With the introduction of the new £1 coin in March 2017 and a limited time period to cash in existing coins, we would really welcome volunteer support in the huge task of replacing the existing cans we have in local communities.
• Keeping an overview of all cans in your local area and visiting can holders on a regular basis to check for uplift.
• Visiting a can holder when a request has been received by Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity to uplift a can
• Counting cans once received, completing any necessary paperwork and banking donations
A full induction will be provided prior to starting this role
• Enthusiastic and confident
• Self-motivated and organised
• Good local knowledge with the ability to network and identify opportunities for can placement in your area
• Good numeracy and organisational skills to count cans and keep a record of funds raised
• Driving licence and access to a car – mileage expenses will be paid
• Volunteering experience
- Volunteer opportunities in your local area
- Opportunity to meet new people
- Opportunity to represent the charity and interact with the general public and our donors
Time given to this role is flexible and can fit around your other commitments